Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I was wondering that not long ago when at "Art in the Park," (see a few posts back regarding this!) a guy comes up to me and says..."You're artwork would sure look good on a tie..." - I was extremely surprised coming from a conservative small town that someone would like abstract paintings on a tie! I was sure it wasn't possible to do, but then I discovered Zazzle....wish I wouldn't have! It is so addicting putting your designs on products! I already had my CafePress store and was keeping busy enough with that when lo and behold... Zazzle pops up and guess what they have?!? Yep, ties....now I'm not sure other than bankers, lawyers and executives that anyone still puts one on everyday, but if they want a funky one, here they are! I sure wish I remembered the guy at the park talking about art on ties in the first place......I would call him and get on to him for ever mentioning it!!!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
ok....first off, several posts ago, I mentioned that I was going to make myself blog more often...obviously from the date of the last one, I'm full of you know what! With that being said, I received a Brillante Web Promo Award and must nominate 7 other blogs that I feel worthy of an award as well! Not hard to do with all of the fabulous artists/bloggers out there! Here are my 7:
1) http://decor8blog.com - an extreme inspiration to those of us who love interior design!
2) http://designspongeonline.com - another lovely interior design blog with sneak peeks into what is hot and new and upcoming!
3) http://shuttersisters.com - beautiful and inspiring photography!
4) http://hulaseventy.blogspot.com - wonderful projects, ongoing works and moving photos!
5) http://inspiremethursday.com - just that...features inspiration we can get from every day objects!
6) http://kimberlyhurst.com/blog - all about life, business, photos and more!
7) http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com - absolutely stunning photos and great stories!
Duties when receiving these awards:
1. Put the award logo from above on blog sidebar.
2. Link to the person you received the award from.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those seven on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you nominated.
These are just a few that I love and find great ideas and inspiration from them every time I check out their blogs....thanks to all of you....