Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Google Yourself...

I never thought about doing this until after this March, I started selling my artwork online. That was way before I ever started a blog...didn't really even know what that was at the time. I checked around every once in awhile to make sure my real estate listings were showing as they were supposed to, but that was about it. A month of so after beginning this adventure in online sales, I checked and took up 2 pages...didn't know if that was good or bad, but before that, there was ever only 2 or 3 lines. I looked today (under kellyvanhook, no space) and this was what I saw... Results 1 - 10 of about 2,840 for kellyvanhook. (0.13 seconds)! What a hoot - 2,840 links to me??? That's just too cool...if I hit my name with a space in it, this is what I received: Results 1 - 10 of about 85,300 for kelly vanhook. (0.29 seconds) - now all of these are not me...I'm not a track star that I'm aware of, but I am nestled here in there between them all...you never know who may find you out in the internet world! It's also a good way to make sure your name doesn't come up somewhere it doesn't need to...

No comments: