Thursday, September 11, 2008

For a Great Cause...



I sat down and tried to come up with something happy, yet thought provoking....the cause is dear to some of my best friends in the world, The Robert Elliott Foundation, whose purpose is to help those suffering from depression. I've talked about it before in a previous post, but this is the first time I've been asked to paint something for them and I was honored to do so. It's entitled "Circles of Life" and is an acrylic done on stretched canvas that measures 24"x24". The circles deal with all of the happiness, sadness and everything in between that we deal with in this one shot at life. I think we sometimes run around in these circles and don't know how to stop, but then there are the fabulous moments where we don't want to at all. I hope it brings some money to the foundation...the auction is on the 23rd of this month...I am always nervous about these things! I'll be sure to let you all know...

No comments: