Monday, December 1, 2008

Etsy Gift Giving Guides...The Enviro Friendly Hot List!

I really love this gift guide, the enviro friendly hot list from Etsy...I've begun trying to recycle, or upcycle as some call it, items around the house and making them look new and incorporating them, instead of just getting rid of them like alot of us do! It's one reason I admire these artists who do this as part of their daily work...check them all out...they are extremely creative and the items on the list will make beautiful gifts...

I love annarubyking's use of scrap fabrics...the set of 2 bright japanese gift cards are really a great utilization of something most people would just throw away...they would also be beautiful as framed art!

I think the drawstring brew bag from javagaldesigns is definitely original and too cool! Handmade from burlap and recycled leather and beads, it's a handy bag to grab on the go...

For the wine and cheese lover, take a look at bigsky's serving set, made from emerald green wine bottles! A great use of a normally disposable item...I so appreciate the designs from this shop!

While looking through the guides, I came across artsyrubbish and oh, how I love her art! The mixed media piece entitled "confidently moving forward" is inspiring and amazing...the one-of-a-kind, 6x6 tiles can hang on a wall or sit on an easel...this particular one has apparently sold, but check out her other tile designs...

I have a couple of dear friends who love sailing and when I saw reiter8's pillows made from recycled sails, I had an absolute fit and sent them the link! Check out their other products too...

Looking for the perfect journal for someone on your holiday list? Interiorpieces has this beautiful embroidered coral on linen edition that will hold thoughts and memories in the years to come...

And finally...there is maidenlove...the recycled envelope set entitled "little rock loop" caught my eye of course, being from Arkansas! A real art it is to be able to take magazine pages and make a cool, everyday used item...beats those plain white envelopes for sure!

Browse Etsy today...you never know what you might find...



































































No comments: